Galway is a vibrant city on the west coast of Ireland, known for its lively pubs, traditional culture, and stunning scenery. It’s a popular tourist destination, with a wide range of hotels to choose from, offering everything from budget accommodation to luxury breaks.
County Fermanagh is one of the thirty-two counties of Ireland, one of the nine counties of Ulster and one of the six counties of Northern Ireland. The county covers an area of 1,691 km² and has a population of 61,805 as of 2011. Enniskillen is the county town and largest in both size and population. Follow here for One Week in Galway Travel.
What to do in Galway
There’s plenty to see and do in Galway, whether you’re interested in history, culture, food, or the outdoors. Here are a few suggestions:
- Visit the Galway Cathedral, a beautiful neo-Gothic church dating back to the 19th century.
- Explore the Spanish Arch, a 16th-century archway that was once part of the city’s walls.
- Take a walk along the Claddagh Ring, a scenic waterfront promenade.
- Visit the Galway City Museum to learn about the city’s history and culture.
- Visit the Galway Market, a lively outdoor market where you can buy fresh produce, souvenirs, and crafts.
- Enjoy a pint of Guinness in one of Galway’s many traditional pubs.
- Take a day trip to the Aran Islands, a group of three islands located just off the coast of Galway.
- Visit the Connemara National Park, a beautiful park with stunning scenery, including mountains, lakes, and coastline.
Galway hotel breaks
There are a wide range of hotel breaks available in Galway, to suit all budgets and interests. Here are a few examples:
- Luxury hotel breaks: The g Hotel & Spa and The House Hotel are both luxury hotels offering a range of amenities, including spas, restaurants, and bars.
- Family hotel breaks: The Connacht Hotel and The Salthill Hotel are both family-friendly hotels with a range of amenities for children, including swimming pools, kids’ clubs, and playgrounds.
- Budget hotel breaks: Kinlay House and The Western Hotel are both affordable hotels offering a range of private rooms.
Many hotels in Galway also offer special packages for visitors, such as romantic breaks, spa breaks, and golf breaks.
No matter what your budget or interests are, you’re sure to find a hotel break in Galway that’s perfect for you. Galway is a great place to visit for a weekend getaway or a longer vacation. There’s something for everyone in Galway, from history and culture to stunning scenery and nightlife.